Operations Coordinator Role Overview
Our civils and remedial works engineers carry out essential groundwork and drainage repairs at commercial properties all over the UK. If you're someone who has a decent technical understanding of groundworks, civils and drainage, and you now want to take your career to the next stage, this could be the role for you. As the Operations Coordinator, you will be based at our head office, scheduling work for teams of engineers across the UK.
You will be responsible for planning of works in this fast-growing area of our business. Your key tasks will include: efficient scheduling for our teams, timely ordering and delivery of materials, liaising with suppliers, monitoring team performance, and providing support to engineers. You will have to be calm under pressure and able to deal with a fast-changing working environment. You'll also need to have the IT and analytical capabilities to plan and improve our processes.
You will join our Remedials/CCTV Manager and Technical Services Administrator in ensuring that Metro Mechanical delivers high-quality remedial works every day.
- Planning teams' schedule of works
- Responding to engineers' queries and concerns, providing technical support and advice
- Liaising with our blue-chip customers to address concerns
- Delivering an exceptional level of customer service
- Effectively communicate with managers and employees
- Plan workload to ensure client KPIs are met
- Proactively manage health & safety, ensuring RAMS are produced for all jobs
- Good technical knowledge of drainage and civils - an ability to diagnose issues and help engineers
- Experience in planning work for teams of engineers
- Problem-solving and flexible thinking
- A calm and professional phone manner with engineers and customers
- Good IT skills (email communication, an ability to use our CRM software, updating customers' online portals, analysing KPIs)
- Salary £30k - 35k base depending on experience
- Opportunity to advance towards a senior management role at Metro Mechanical
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Basic working hours: Mon – Fri, 9 hour days
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Sorry, the closing date for this vacancy was 13th September 2019